Rebounding For Health

Why is rebounding called the best all around exercise? We'll cover the benefits of rebounding as well as review rebounding equipment to help you decide which is best for you.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Rebounder Review: Urban Rebounder

urban rebounder With rebounding growing in popularity, a professional grade rebounder used primarily in over 3,000 gyms nationwide like Bally's and Gold's is now available in a personal, home version.

The Urban Rebounder comes as a system that includes a folding rebounder with a weight capacity of 300 lbs., carrying case, stabilizing bar and 3 instructional DVD's with workouts. The DVD's include starter, beginners and intermediate workouts.

The difference between the Urban Rebounder and others is that it includes a stabilizing bar in the package price and is manufactured overseas. This rebounder is aimed at the person interested in a reasonably priced unit with a focus on primarily aerobic and toning exercises.

The Urban Rebounder is gym quality; the differences between the professional gym version and the home version are the weight limit (300 vs. 350), total weight (home version is lighter) and ability to fold (home version folds).

The frame is heavy-grade, all round steel, weights 31 pounds and is 40 inches in diameter. The mat material is not specified, and is not permatron.

The warranty is 5 years for frame and 1 year for all other parts. Replacement parts are available. Standard delivery time for the rebounder package is 3-4 weeks at $29.99. Express delivery is available for an additional $19.99.

Get more information on the Urban Rebounder package.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I purchased and tried this product years ago when it first came out on tv. It didn't work then and I'm sure it's about the same now! The original videos featured an unattractive group of trainers. The videos were sporadic and the weirdo giving the instruction was most certainly out of his mind and he had to keep applauding himself to continue with the moves. I didn't necassarily enjoy the music either. The trampoline could've come from my local Walmart for much cheaper than offered on the TV as part of the 'system'. I ended up donating it to my local charity store. All in all, two thumbs way down!

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I own one of the "New" units and I really enjoy it. The videos are kind of annoying (they never stop smiling!) but it is a good workout. I work out on it twice a day six days a week and it still gets me sweating bullets every time. I admit was skeptical at first, but if you don't weigh 300 lbs, don't trip over your own feet, and actually DO the workout, you'll get results. I've heard complaints of people getting their clothes caught in the springs, but it warns right on the packaging not to wear clothes that could get caught. So if you aren't an idiot and wear capris or shorts you won't have that problem. Also, my feet and ankles were sore at first but that is normal with any beginning workout, do what YOUR body can handle. If it starts to hurt then stop and rest. Its all basic simple workout rules people!!! Also, if you are worried about the price you can probably find this product at your local sporting goods store for about half the TV price and it comes with the bar and 3 workouts. I got mine at Dick's Sporting Goods. A lot of the complaints I have read on this are not because of the program or because of the equipment, it is because of the incompetent people trying to use it. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, GO AT YOUR OWN PACE, and PAIN=GAIN. Pain means your muscles have been worked.

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have had 5 springs break on my rebounder. Grant it I've had it for almost 3 years and use it regularly. My problem is that I ordered new springs but have no idea how to get them installed. I do not have the stregnth to stretch the springs far enough to attach them. Urban Rebounding has been no help in this issue. I would have been better off jusy buying a new rebounder instead of spending $50 on new springs. Anyone ever put new springs on theirs? and If so, how do you do it? Please email me at mkb74@sbcglobal if you can offer any help. Thank you.

     
  • At 1:43 AM, Blogger Bitca said…

    Attaching Springs:
    The original box should include a metal "T" shaped hook for reattaching springs. It's in the plastic bag with the DVD & booklet.

    The metal "T" hook is rough on the fingers, & seems best suited for male hands & muscles. But just before giving up, I wrapped an old soft dishcloth round the "T" bars before gripping them between my fingers. With the cushioning, a LOT of effort, & using the frame for leverage, I managed to reattach the spring.

    IMO, Urban Rebounder is pretty low-rent (attaching the spring was my "first workout," in line with the faded booklet & cover stained w/melted Styrofoam). But the stabilizer bar is nice, there are worse on the market, & is a decent platform for a nice & bouncy workout. If this thing can hold out for 3 years, I'm actually relieved! Not a bad deal if you can't afford models priced at $250-upwards ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home